Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Jason, I love this stuff! I think the ways that this type of technology could disrupt markets would be massive. I think the addiction discussion is worth having but at the same time it seems silly to me. Everything in moderation.
ReplyDeleteI know in the past the developers of augmented reality devices have had problems with users feeling nauseous and dizzy. Hopefully that gets worked out before they go to market. [STEVE WILLIAMS]
Hi Jason,
ReplyDeleteCan someone please explain to me why we need Microsoft Hololens? Even though your presentation explained the uses, does the average person need to see free-standing, three-dimensional images through some cool looking glasses?
Despite the fact that I love technology, this is a concept my simple mind cannot fully grasp. I think I might get motion sickness while wearing them! I wouldn’t mind experimenting with it though, but I’m doubtful that I’ll be standing in line to purchase a pair! What a wild concept! The ingenuity of some people is truly astounding!
Sharon Lingjerde
Jason, some cool ideas here. While I can see how it could be helpful in some realms of the world, I can't see it in others. For example, I could see it being useful for engineers or those studying to be in that field, but I cannot see the usability in my field, teaching middle school. There could be good aspects to using it, but teaching Language Arts, I don't see it yet....
ReplyDeleteSheryl
WOW!! So cool! I can definitely imagine the infinite possibilities with this technology. As an art educator, I've noticed that students have a very difficult time sketching in 2D then translating and modeling in 3D.. This would be a fantastic tool. You could connect to a 3D printer.. the possibilities are endless. The fusion of Engineering, Science, Math and Art.
ReplyDeleteWhen thinking of virtual/augmented reality, I am reminded of movies such as "Lawnmower Man" and "Minority Report." The possibilities here are endless and a little hard to fully grasp. I enjoyed watching the man take his son's drawing of a rocket and turn it into a real toy - how exciting would it be to take ideas and just make them happen.I'm not too convinced about having a virtual pet, though, as it would be difficult to create one that had all of the features of a real pet (and could never replace my cat!). I certainly do think there is a huge possibility of becoming addicted to this and even becoming lost in the virtual world entirely. Just like all things in life there are pros, cons, and possible trade-offs involved.
ReplyDelete