Friday, February 6, 2015
25. Golf Rangefinder
Click here to see the video in full-screen mode: http://www.wou.edu/~bucym/other/Lib686/show_tell_2015/Dunn.swf
And click here for more of her thoughts about these rangefinders: http://www.wou.edu/~bucym/other/Lib686/show_tell_2015/Dunn.pdf
Note: the embedded videos in this presentation take a couple of minutes to load. I recommend opening the presentation and then leaving it to load before you try watching it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This technology looks like it can make the concepts of golf easier to understand for rookie golfers like myself. If they could track details and statistics of how I personally golf, then that feedback could be very valuable. If the technology could make it more fun for someone who struggles, then that would definitely make the price worth it!
ReplyDeleteI would also like to point out that for some reason the video keeps freezing up when the imbedded video starts to play. So, I enjoyed your presentation up until that point, and then read the paper you included. Thanks!
Great presentation but I, too, couldn't get past the embedded video point. However, I appreciated the extra document with your thoughts. I am not an avid golfer but I am a competitive person and if I was to ever start golfing this would be technology that I would be very interested in. I think, though, that most of the consumers who purchase this product are probably serious golfers who are trying to better their current golf game. The price would deter a non-golfer such as myself.
ReplyDeleteRangefinders for golf seem like an adaptation of products used for other purposes, hiking, navigation, hunting, surveying, etc. I like the fact they are using it in a new way to support a sport. I personally don't golf much and doubt I would find much use in a product like this for this purpose.
ReplyDeleteI am curious what a rangefinder is exactly. I appreciated viewing them, but I am still a little confused as to what they do. Maybe The rest of your presentation would have mentioned what they did, but my computer would not load the rest of your presentation. It was interesting to see the different forms a rangefinder could take place and their cost. I am sure avid golfers would love this product.
ReplyDeleteBK: There are inexpensive range finders that provide estimates of distances, however once you have the opportunity to use an electronic/advanced one-- you won't go back to the basic models.
DeleteNatalie Dunn
This new technology like the Golf Range Finder, created mostly for the game of golf is incredible, and may possibly have other benefits for other sports or activities. This hand-held device for measuring the distance between objects has proven to be invaluable for golfers. It could also have a great impact into other areas of our lives that would require advanced math skills like precision accuracy with distances. It could also be used for everyday tasks like measuring things in your home or at work if needed. I think the only drawback will be the price and the need to buy one. Prices that vary from $100 - $600 may or may not be affordable.
ReplyDeleteFred