Saturday, February 7, 2015

8. Google Glass

Click here for Emily's presentation on Google Glass:  https://voicethread.com/new/myvoice/#thread/6478860/

And for more information, click here:
http://www.wou.edu/~bucym/other/Lib686/show_tell_2015/Pieren.pdf


4 comments:

  1. Hey Emily, your presentation really got my mind racing with the ways in which Google Glass could be implemented in the healthcare field. I am a Paramedic and I was thinking of the ways in which we could relay information back to the ER doctors with this type of device. Crazy to think what the next 10 years will look like! [Steve Williams]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    Google Glass is a new technology that I really can see impacting the way things are done in healthcare. The video Emily provided in her presentations was so informational and really explained how this technology could benefit those in the health care profession.

    My biggest concern is on its accuracy in finding the correct information on a patient’s vitals when the health care professionals request it. What if the doctor/nurse requests the information from the wrong room or bed and goes with what they see in the Google Glass. I also wonder about the accuracy of what is being transmitted through the glasses. Could it be off a bit? Maybe silly questions, but just a couple of thoughts I had. Google Glass also takes dictation notes from doctor/nurse as well.

    This new technology is just beginning, but I do believe that it will be successful in some fields in our society. I’m really excited about it!

    Sharon Lingjerde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily,

    I did Google Glass (Augmented Reality) as well. Really cool technology! even tough it looks like Google Glass public release is going to be pushed back again, Microsoft Hololens is a much more polished version fo the same type of tech. I hope to own this kind of technology one day!

    Jason Slowey

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said in Jason's Google Glass presentation this is an interesting, yet worry some device. Their are many things that it can really be helpful with, such as healthcare as Steve mentioned above. I am sure their are many other fields that it will be useful, but I wonder still how the device and others like it will take away peoples right to privacy.

    -Jason White

    ReplyDelete