Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
That does look pretty cool. It's like a siri for your house. I feel like it's functionality at this point might be lacking to the point of frustration, but I don't doubt that this kind of technology will only get better. Eventually, I expect this type of interface will be very common and useful. I hope being able to interface with technology through voice commands like this will mean we can spend less time staring at screens.
ReplyDeleteEcho looks pretty cool and practical. I think its little expensive for what it can do now, but over time I think Echo or a similar device would be pretty cool to have. I do see these being in most homes in the near future.
ReplyDeleteI think that is awesome that you are purchased an Echo. I agree that for $99 it seems worth trying. I saw a similar interactive home robot called JIBO. They just sold a small number of prototypes, but the price was much higher. I know that this kind of technology is still being developed, but it already seems very cool. I'm impressed that Echo can recognize your voice from 30-40 feet away. It is interesting to think that in the near future something like this will be in many homes.
ReplyDelete-Katie Iverson
Echo seems like a cool device. I see a lot of potential in people using it around their houses. Like you talked about; if you have a question, but are not able to stop what you're doing and look it up via phone or computer, you can just ask the device. Sounds pretty practical. I wonder if the price will increase as it become more developed.
ReplyDeleteJenna Fromme
This seems like a pretty neat speaker! I see it as one of the first steps to the smart house concept. Being able to tell it to play a certain song or to look up or to add items to a grocery list is awesome! One downside I see is that it seems as though this wouldn't work as well unless you had speakers throughout the entire house. Otherwise, you'd have to kind of move it around. It's a neat idea, though! I'm guessing we will see it improving leaps and bounds as years go on.
ReplyDelete