Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
Brian - I agree that as more and more uses for this are imagined it could be a game-changer. Even though Bluetooth has a short range, by communicating with other devices and passing along the data, the range can be extended. My concern would be with abuse or hacking so there would definitely need to be safeguards put in place. I do like the find a lost item application; put one in your wallet let your phone find it. Nice presentation!
ReplyDeleteChristine Lazaro
I love these. This would be so great to have because we have a one year old and hides everything. We are constantly searching for key and remotes. I can see these being in all places before long. If they were a little cheaper I would get them for my classroom and put them on my students pencils. I am tired of being the pencil giver and this would help them not loose so many.
ReplyDeleteInteresting device! I like how small it is. I think this would be a very helpful device for those who tend to miss place stuff or have little hands who hide stuff. I like how you talked about the potential for using it in a museum and having the information given to you as you choose to view the exhibit rather then following the audio tape. I always hated when you were listening to the audio tape and everyone else is listening to the same information, so you're kind of stuck in a mob and can't break away.
ReplyDeleteJenna Fromme
This is a technology I've never heard of before! That's really great that you can put a tile or chip on your most lost items like keys, wallets, etc. and be able to ping them like your iPhone. It's also really neat that other people's devices can notify you if you've lost an item and are out of range of it. Awesome technology and presentation, Brian!
ReplyDeleteMeg
I think you did a great job presenting your information. It is definitely interesting technology. I certainly would benefit from something like this right now because I keep misplacing things (mostly because I'm 9 months pregnant and very forgetful). I have heard of this kind of technology, but never considered it for uses other then finding lost items. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKatie Iverson