Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
At first when I saw this product I laughed out loud thinking it was silly. Then once I learned more about the Cellfy Stic, it makes a lot of since. I see it as having only a positive impact. Great tool to use in the classroom as you had stated in your presentation. Great way to keep your technology devices in a safe secure spot while students utilize them during class. It can also provide an easier and more effective way to take pictures or videos without the shaky hand.
ReplyDeleteVery low tech way to use our high tech products. I do not see these catching hold in the hearts of tech users. To need to have another device is like being required to have a tri-pod for a camera. Yes, some serious photo people will carry it around, but how many serious photo people will be taking photos with their cell phones. Will teenagers buy this if it is cheap so they can take photos, sure. I just don’t see this changing the landscape of our lives where everyone will always have a Cellfy Stic on them.
ReplyDeleteThe Cellfy Stic it an interesting piece of technology, maybe it will replace the tripod for taking photos, I am not sure I would ever use one and I wonder how much one will cost. But if it helps teachers in the class room then I am all for it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting accessory. It seems there is probably only a small niche of people that would really need this. It reminds me of detachable webcams for PCs or As-Seen-On-TV items. I wondered if tweens/teens would find this useful since the many of them like to take pictures of themselves. However, on second thought, they'd probably get their friends to snap pictures that they couldn't physically manage. My belief is that the Cellfy Stic will not impact life or society.
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't believe that Cellfy Stic will have a huge impact on society, I do think it is useful to certain people. I loved your examples particularly holding an iPad/tablet to a desk for students that have difficulty with being responsible, we have all had those students! I can see this being popular with children (middle and high school ages) that like to take selfie pictures. I'm curious how much it cost, it doesn't look like it is made with very high tech materials. If it was reasonable priced I would probably buy it just out of curiosity.
ReplyDelete