Wednesday, February 5, 2014

9. Moss Modular Robotics (Renee B.)

Click here to view Renee's presentation on Moss Modular Robotics: http://tinyurl.com/mcg3n7p

5 comments:

  1. This concept is interesting to me. I really like how you can put parts together with ease to create something that can move and interact, but I feel that for the high price and small amount of parts you would get, you would be limited to what you can create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This subject is amazing. It is my dream that I can use something to build what I want. And this staff could make my dream come true. Although it is a little bit expensive, I thought I will buy one of them. I think this is helpful for children because it could give them happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this concept of robotics. When I was young I had a robotics kit that included the robot and the CD that linked to the computer. I remember having so much fun experimenting and building with the robot. I think this technology is a great way for students to construct and be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of interchangeable parts and being able to tweak something to fit your needs. This tech really integrates science with design and gives the hands-on learners more ownership of their education. If you look at the trends in these types of toys (unifix cubes, legos, kinex, tinker toys, etc.) this next step makes a lot of sense. When kids (and adults) have the ability to create things ad infinitum, you never know what could come of that. And I think robots are going to be a huge part of our future, from cooking, to medical, and chores (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea but it makes me feel really old, remembering how much I loved my legos! I can see the application in classrooms- what a fun way to get kids intersted in this technology. While the students would love it, there are so many extensions you could build into your teaching to help them build the best robot for a certain task.

    ReplyDelete