Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
Good point about the gaming only increasing sedentary lifestyles. I see this project almost as a hardware version of OS software. Am I correct in this thinking? It seems like you can completely customize your PC to be the way you want it, and potentially avoid, or lessen your need for individual proprietary hardware. That was what first came to mind, please correct me if I am way off base...
ReplyDeleteIt is so exciting that I could reply this presention because I am a fans of Razer. I am also glad that there is another like Razer product as myself. I have read this news before that Razer could help people to build their own laptop. Many laptop company has this service. Including Dell Alliance. I think this kind of service is interesting because it could help people make their own choice.
ReplyDeleteI think this could be appealing to people who want their home computer to be able to do different things at different times. I picture a graphic designer or sound engineer by day and a hardcore gamer by night. They would want the same basic computing power with slightly different modules that would boost sound, graphics, interfaces as needed. I think control and versatility will play a major role in advanced computing. As more jobs can be done from home, this may be a worthwhile option.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting idea, bringing the concept of a PC-build to everyone. I think a general person would feel a little daunted at the thought of building a PC, but modularization makes it accessible. I think it will take a while for enthusiasts to warm to the system, but at the same time it may be immensely popular with the average user who wishes they had more control over the build. This reminds me of Motorola’s smartphone modularization/Project Ara. It’s compelling to see modularization in both smartphones and personal computers. I wonder where else we will see it shortly.
ReplyDeleteFROM ROBIN LYNCH: This is a really interesting concept. I like the ability to personalize the computer to your specific needs and wants. It looks like it would be a fairly simple idea and easy to create. It has a lot of possibilities especially for gamers.
ReplyDelete