Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
I feel that the Kindle Fire HDX is just like all the other tablets on the market because of its ability to watch movies, read books and listen to music. I have an iPad which does all of those things. The one thing it does not do is become compatible with Word documents. I do like this aspect of the new Kindle because I am constantly away from a computer and need to edit documents.
ReplyDeleteThe Kindles sure have come a long way since the first model. Every new model is becoming more classroom friendly. What impressed me about this model is that it is compatible with Word. My iPad is not the easiest tool to use for writing papers or printing them. But having the functionality of Word on a tablet means that a person can write from anyplace with ease. I also appreciate that the Kindles are significantly less expensive than the iPads. I think that many schools will be turning their heads towards this model because it seems very school friendly. Nice job Kyle.
ReplyDeleteIt seems that many of the tablets have common features like the ability to listen to music, watch movies, and read books. I have to agree that the connection with Word is a great addition and it's a much lower price which is always a plus.
ReplyDeleteThe price is better than an IPAD but has many of the same features. I can see the cost being the best part for students since it is hard to put an IPAD in every students hands.
ReplyDeleteBeing able to edit in Microsoft would be a great and the cost is much more reasonable than iPads. It seems like it will become more and more of a challenge if some classrooms use Kindles and some use iPads and others use Androids. Apps aren't common across these three platforms and that could make it tricky for teachers.
ReplyDelete