Wednesday, February 5, 2014

14. Smart Glasses (Connie K.)

Click here to view Connie's presentation on Smart Glasses: http://tinyurl.com/kqo7aqr

5 comments:

  1. I must admit, I have been intrigued by Smart Glasses. Although the technology is still pretty new, there have already been some great improvements made to them. At this point, I do not see them as an option in the classroom. But, I think that they would do wonders for our military, police, and fire personnel. Having an immediate connection could save many lives and I am sure that the time will come when they can look at something and have it broadcasted to a screen in a hospital, police department, etc. They will also become more sleek as newer versions are released. Right now they are an expensive novelty, but I can definitely see where they will have a place in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technology has the potential for several uses. I think it will continue to evolve and definitely be used in the future. I have heard of similar technology being tested for use in movie theaters for customers that are hearing impaired. The technology will provide a way for individuals to have movies captioned. I foresee a variety of potential uses and think this technology will definitely impact us in more ways than we can even imagine at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie- This technology is very interesting to me. I hadn’t thought of the impact while driving until I read your comment about it. It would be very scary if people were using these devices while driving! How distracting that would be! It’s interesting that these devices would work without use of a smart phone. I wonder if it would be difficult to tell if someone were looking at the speaker, or at an image on the screen. That would be difficult to regulate in a classroom setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, this is a very interesting new technology. I find it fascinating that they are able to implement some of the same functions that are used in computers, cell phones, and tablets into a pair of glasses. One thing that I wonder is what will the images and text look like? will they be really small? Or will they be magnified? I look forward to the future when I will be able to play around with this technology and find out how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once the idea gets more streamline and the bulkiness is lessoned, I can see these being useful in education. I think they are the next step in the small portable access that we are all looking for. I also think that you are right when you compared it to texting. It would be another distraction while driving or even communicating with people on a daily basis. Exciting possibilities for these though.

    ReplyDelete