Wednesday, February 5, 2014

20. SoundBite (Heather H.)

Click here to view Heather's presentation on SoundBite: http://tinyurl.com/lne8r78

4 comments:

  1. This looks to be an amazing technological advancement for those who are hard of hearing. I do see this as an advantage more for younger people who tend to care about their appearance more so than those who are older in age. The fact that it can be placed somewhere other than the outside of your ear, yet still have the same effect is great. I do wonder how comfortable this would be in your mouth though. I guess it would be something that you would get used to eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea finally an hearing aid that works and no one has to know that someone is wearing it! Hearing aids have come a long way since they first were invented. I do wonder about the mouth piece and if it is going to be comfortable in the mouth. I think old and young alike will want to try this device. Hearing is something that we take for granted and individuals that can not hear know more than we do how much this technology will change their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having something that is not noticeable is important to the younger generation as well as the older generation. My mom wears hearing aids and really doesn't want people to know. I also wonder about that mouth piece being comfortable. Also if you can eat with it? Hearing is so important and often I think people would rather struggle with hearing rather than let people see them with hearing aids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like a wonderful piece of technology that adds to the advancement of human health and science. I can't pretend to know what it's like to be a person absent of hearing, however I've heard that many people who can't hear are part of a tight-knit community. They are fully functional and many don't feel at a loss because they are void of regular auditory abilities. Is this something that the deaf community wants or would embrace? I wonder if SoundBite is best suited for people who have lived a majority of their lives being able to hear and they lose the ability with older age or an accident. In that case, I can see how a stealthy device such as this would be desirable. In addition, this technology could have a significant impact to specific people in regards to their work and daily lives.

    ReplyDelete