Wednesday, February 5, 2014

15. Zoom iQ5 mobile microphone (Katie B.)

Click here to view Katie's presentation on the Zoom iQ5:
http://tinyurl.com/lg2xsgp
Click here to see a video for the Zoom iQ5: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUDshiPvzW8

5 comments:

  1. Well this is a product that is right up my alley. As a singer, I am constantly having my wife or kids record my performances with any Apple product we have with us. The quality of recordings using just the video app is not that great. It would be awesome to use this device and get the sound in stereo. I can see so many uses of this from a musical point of view. It can also be used to record your child's programs or plays. I think that as the technology gets better in this product and the price drops a bit, it will become a popular addition to our phones and tablets. It's time for some additional research because I want to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technology could enhance the versatility of Apple devices and potentially lead to a range of new accessories. The concept is something that could impact us in the future. It could create a wide range of accessories that continue to increase the potential functions of cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - The Zoom iQ5 looks very useful. The price seems reasonable, and like you wrote, most people have an iPhone or iPad already, so this would be a good tool to aide in recording. I’ll bet musicians would like this device as well. I could see this being used in the classroom setting for having students read stories aloud, practicing for speeches, or recording the teacher’s voice for a screencast or another presentation tool. I was excited to see this invention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, the Zoom iQ5 seems like an awesome new devise. I know that I have been frustrated on several occasions with the quality of the audio on the videos that I have recorded. This devise would eliminate that frustration. I also like the fact that it is compatible with the new Apple devices and as you stated, as this devise becomes more popular, other companies will will begin creating these devices for their products. I also like how affordable this devise is. I agree that this would be a lot cheaper and a lot more handy to carry around than a separate recording devise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I know many musicians that would love to have this device to record their performances. I think in a school it would be interesting to use such a device to record different events such as choir or band concerts, it might also be useful for choir or band students to individually record themselves for self critiquing. I wonder if their are any similar devices that are compatible with Android? One thing I can think of that might be detrimental is this device being used to record someone without their knowledge and the recording later used for blackmail.

    ReplyDelete