Wednesday, February 5, 2014

12. Yellow Jacket iPhone Case (Tay M.)

Click here to view Tay's presentation on the Yellow Jacket iPhone Case: http://tinyurl.com/mkq7sy4

5 comments:

  1. OK. I want one. What an awesome concept. I can see many people using this case. I know I'd feel safe having that with me as I walked through a sketchy area. My first thought was that I would end up zapping myself to death, but then I saw the safety mechanisms. But getting past the cool factor, it truly is a great personal defense tool along with an emergency battery charger. I think as technology progresses, we will see more phone cases with multiple uses. Kind of like a Swiss Army knife but for phones. Nice job Tay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this technology could be beneficial in self protection but I'm not sure if people would be ready for this. The safety features are very important but I can foresee many mishaps occurring and accidental zap pings. For now I am content with carrying my spray bottle of mace for protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept. I understand the self protection use however, I can imagine high school kids having them and not using them as they were intended. It scares me a little to think about how many people could be walking around with a tazer and would use it for more than their own protection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tay, this is an interesting new technology. I can see some positives and some negatives of it. One positive would be that it would provide people with a little protection. They would have a better chance of protecting themselves from people who try to rob them or hurt them. One negative that I see happening is that people would use them in ways that are not for their intended purposes. This could cause many health issues as well as serious legal issues. It will be interesting to see if this phone case begins being widely accepted by the general public.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pocket dial gone wrong! I appreacate that there are safety features but they have to balance those with making it easy to use. I wonder how they will regulate access to this. I think you have to be 18 to purchase a taser. While I'm a little wary of this particular product, I do appreciate that cell phone accessories are now being used for other things.

    ReplyDelete