Sunday, February 7, 2010

2. Lenovo IdeaPad (1)

6 comments:

  1. It is amazing to read about all of these devices that how most of them has similar features but also have a couple features to try and help top their competition. I like how the 2 parts detach so you can use the top screen as a giant iTouch. It looks light and compact and has some features that the iPad, which is coming out from Apple soon, does not. It has the keyboard , USB port and the opportunity for multitasking. I think these would be a great compact device to use in the classroom. I wonder how sturdy it would be and if it could withstand classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this device a lot, actually. It's definitely at an advantage over the iPad with it's more laptop-like functionality. It's a pretty great idea. But then again, you still have a 2.3 pound keyboard to pack around if you want one. I also wonder about processing speed, storage, security, and compatibility issues, as with any similar netbook-like device. Is it promising to be a laptop but delivering less? Or will it crush the competition as the next big thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops, pardon the typo there

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technology is getting closer to the device that people are looking to upgrade to. If they speed it up to have the same quality timing that Apple has with the touch then they will be golden. This technology could have a huge impact on the way society does things. Right now there are a lot of people out there that carry around laptops, readers, and phones. This will cut down on the amount that you carry around. For the classroom, I can see a lot of possibilities. Students could detach the pad and read in comfort, slide it back in to take notes or download the next book or article. Personally, this is the closest device to what I would consider buying, as long as the lag time gets smoothed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After watching the video, I became a big fan of this new technology. I think it is amazing that they were able to combine two technologies into one. If you are a fan of a laptop or a tablet, this would be the perfect technology for you. I really like how you are able to detach or reattach the pad on the Lenovo IdeaPad based on what you need it for - I think this will be very helpful in the classroom! It is a little spendy. . . But just like with most technologies, hopefully the price will eventually come down. I am excited to see where this new technology will go in the education world. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of having a larger screen and it still having the touch technology. I think that we as human beings have a desire to get bigger and better all the time and this is definately a step in the right direction.

    It seems like a great tool for classrooms, it is the perfect size and you could use it for a variety of functions. I also think that the compatibility of it for different activities is worth the investment.

    The cost seems relatively inexpensive compared to what it could be. However, being a teacher I would have to wait to see if the benefits outweigh the cost before I can afford to invest in it.

    ReplyDelete