Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
Many years ago I performed a concert for a large group of totally deaf professionals at a retreat. When I was asked to do this I thought they were mad...but after I arrived and the band set up, we were asked to crank the bass and play as loud as we could. The group started blowing up balloons and I wondered if this was going to be like a Dead concert. In fact they were feeling the music through the balloons, holding them in their hands, between themselves and to their heads.
ReplyDeleteAs an audiophile I need to hear the sound...but if I were in a position of needed to communicate through vibration this technology seems an amazing step forward...although the balloons were fun!. Bobby
Sam,
ReplyDeleteThis technology seems to have more benefits for educational uses than for personal use. As somebody who works closely with SPED students, I can see this being used as an assistive technology device. Because it is better suited for speech than for music and is wireless, I envision this technology being used in schools during state testing or to listen to educational podcasts.