Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
That is amazing. I have seen other VR but that seems to top them all! As a visual artists I am most interested in this type of technology. Emerging the viewer is Si-Fi come true. What it does to our eyes and brains is another topic. But on the surface it seems to be a huge step forward for gaming and other VR training applications. Thanks! Bobby
ReplyDeleteJudson,
ReplyDeleteAs a video-gamer, this technology excites me! I like the ideas that transpire when I consider creating virtual reality experiences for my students. As far as using this technology to avoid distractions, I can see that being a possibility. My concern is that this technology fosters isolation, inhibiting interaction. I want my students to engage, not just ‘plug in’. I am fascinated to see where this technology leads us, and am eager to test it out!