Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI had seen that they were using these types of 3D printers to print human skin from stem cells but I had no clue that they could be used to print other types of solid material. This is amazing. I can certainly see why one of the issues comes up about copyright and safety regulation. If the item is printed how do we have control over all the small parts of the object to insure that it would be just as safe as the manufactured item. I think there may be ways that we could use this in a school without running into copyright and regulation. It would be wonderful have 3D prints of things that the students draw or even the ability to use this in biology and create bones or cells. (the video did not work in the PowerPoint. I had the same issue so I turned my PowerPoint into a video)
Hello:
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing. It seems like it will open up a new world of design. I wonder what the life expectancy of the the printer is as well as the toxicity of the "stuff" it is "printing". If it is sustainable, and Eco-friendly this seems a brilliant way to create, fix and bring ideas to life.
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing technology I had no idea something like this even existed! It is wonderful that it is Eco-friendly, I think that because of that it is more likely to be a technology that will be used more and more. It is this kind of technology that could solve major problems in the world.