Wednesday, February 6, 2013

16. Holographic Telepresence (Lisa S.)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I went to a concert last summer where I saw something like this. Brad Paisley has a song with Alison Krauss called 'Whiskey Lullaby' and at his concert, she was a holographic singing her part of the song. It was very cool. At first you couldn't tell if she was real or not. What a neat technology for the classroom though, literally somewhat beaming people in to share or educate. I could think of lots of people in my own life who have great ideas or experiences to share that I would love to be able to beam in to my classroom and share them with my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this technology is so interesting and can have some great impacts for student learning and engagement. You bring up a good point though about the cost of this technology for the classroom. I'm sure as the technology improves the price will eventually go down, but it might be awhile before this is being used in the classroom. I would love to use it now, I can see so many possibilities that this technology can open up for a classroom especially for history, geography, and science. It would be so cool for a class that is learning about Martin Luther King Jr to actually get to watch a holograph of him speaking. What a lasting impact that would leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is an idea I can get excited about! Think about someone who travels all the time and is never home with his family. If there were some places that he could avoid going by doing this... How cool would that be?! Up front, yes, it would be very expensive (I'm sure) for companies and classrooms to invest... but think of all the time and money you would save in the long run. It would astronomical amounts of both I'm sure!!! It would be really cool to have this technology available in classrooms, I wonder how long it will take. I'm sure some university will have it before we know it... Then it will trickle down and become and awesome resource for all of us! COOL!

    ReplyDelete