Wednesday, February 6, 2013

13. 3D Printing (Sam W.)

3 comments:

  1. How cool would it be to have something like this at home to make toys for my little guy. This makes me think that some day he might actually be making toys for his kid. I am sure these will be way less complicated even without CAD software, and they will probably be way cheaper. I wonder if this will be the end of LEGO and other similar companies.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Efrain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right away when I started watching your presentation my mind went straight to the car commercials when they are creating small models of the newest cars coming out. I always find it so crazy that this technology is available and used frequently. Like Efrain mentioned, I wonder what this will do to the companies like LEGO and K'NEX. If the models are freely downloadable, how does it stop people from creating what they could buy at the store?

    Thanks,
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more technology that we get, the more it seems that we do things all ourselves. I love being able to things myself and not have to rely on poeple to do it for me! I'm wondering how much more independent pepole will get and if that will affect society and jobs???I also did my project on 3d printers.... they are pretty rockin' and suprisingly inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete