Friday, February 10, 2012

5: Asus Transformer Prime (Wanek)

Click here to download: http://tinyurl.com/7k4uh2s

9 comments:

  1. I apologize for the bad voice and picture quality of this video. Something was altered in the uploading of the original project. Had I had rights to the images I would have gone with Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This device reminds me of the ipad and costs about the same. If I had a choice I would have to go with the ipad because I'm familar with it. The thing about tablets that I enjoy is that they are easy to use and carry. You can do endless things with them that you wouldn't have been able to do in the past without them. In ways, tablets simplify life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the tablet fits right together with a keyboard. I personally don't like typing on a tablet, however many kids don't mind it. I think it would be easier to use for some, but then you won't be able to operate some of the apps that are designed for the iPad. I don't see this surpassing the iPad in popularity and you can just buy a keypad for it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same is Eliane, i would go with the ipad since the cost is about the same. However tablets are very neat, for school or trips you have all your work, notepads, and entertainment all in a small touch tablet you can carry in your purse or backpack very easily. They are very good teaching and learning objects also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the portability of the tablet and the ability to go from computer to tablet and back. I know that students, especially at the elementary level would like it because it does two things. It is also just the right size for their smaller hands. I don't own and ipad so I cannot compare it to that. I do know that for it to integrate with all the other technology in most schools, the ipad won't work because most schools go with PC's. I wouldn;t worry so much about the quality of the video. I like the way you put everything together. What software did you use to put t together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, I have never used an Ipad, but I think I am pretty stuck on having the keyboard and this one seemed to allow you to have the best of both worlds. I cut out of the movie the company made the fact that you can type right on the screen. I had to cut something to get the presentation time down and that is one of the parts I cut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I can't seem to get my reply to go under the comments but I am like you with this one as something that I see working in an educational setting especially with younger students. It seems versatile enough and offering the keyboard is important in my thoughts. I don't have an ipad either but know that one class at Harritt got a set this year through a grant but like you said our district at least is very PC orientated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did my show and tell on a tablet as well on the kindle fire. I must say that your tablet kicked my tablet right out of the water. I saw you video and fell in love with it. I think that this device can make a big impact on society for it makes a computer and tablet all in one. I love the fact that you can have both for the price of one. I see this benefitting students and teachers. Teacher will be able to take this device with them everywhere they go; they will always have their computers with them. I think that this is a good device for students to come familiar with. The fact that it works as an ereader and computer all in one is great. Students can use it to read their books and type up their papers all in one and that too me is a plus. The challenges that we may run into is the budget is it in the school budget to provide this device for their students. Another challenge is students will be able to do their work at school but what happens when they go home and don’t have access to a computer. How are students able to do their homework then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems there are more presentations about tablets. I did my presentation about a tablet too, which gives us a great opportunity to make a comparison. we all agree that tablets are great engaging tools to be used in education . I like how Asus tablet can turn to be a computer. It's great that you can attach a keyboard to the tablet. I personally don't like typing on the screen of the tablet, and I believe many students don't.

    ReplyDelete