Friday, February 10, 2012

1: OLCP XO 3.0 Tablet (M. Alshammari)

Click link below video to view in larger format on Prezi.


6 comments:

  1. Personally i feel that there are so many different kinds of tablets, that people will choose the most popular one. Though this tablet seems to use a lot less power, and with a lot of people searching to live more organic lifestyles, this could be a good choice.
    With all the tablets coming out laptop companies are going to lose profit, unless they too come out with a tablet.
    Very good presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard about this tablet before. What caught my attention was the low cost, open source abilities, and solar powered energy run. In one of the articles we read last week it talked about trading in textbooks for technology pieces. If this ends up being the case then this would be a good tablet to start with. In addition, this tablet lets you insert your USB which others like the ipad don't. This is truely focused to help with school work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow-- a tablet with solar power options? That sounds like a step in the right direction! The price is realistic too. When you consider how much students spend on back to school gear, a $100 tablet doesn't seem too unreasonable. This devices seems to be very driven towards helping integrate technology into the schools.

      Delete
  3. I also did my assignment on this new technology. Of course the OLPC XO3 will have the greatest impact on developing and third world countries, where access to information for education purposes is limited, but truly it’s an amazing piece of technology that we in the U.S. could also benefit from. I know as a technology teacher, I would have less concern when handing this tablet out for students to use. Sending them out to work in the hallway wouldn’t give me as much concern as sending them out with a more expensive tablet. I don’t believe it would impact iPad sales, though it would no doubt make a dent in the education market where Apple is hoping to once again take hold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice presentation. I feel that society's life is dependent on technology through tablets and other devices, so much that this is what the future holds, a flat screen you touch to draw a picture, or write a story, no longer paper and pens.
    I think the bad thing is that young children will not know how to color in the lines with a crayon but with their finger on a tablet.
    Society has changed so much based on tablets, you can use them for everything.
    I think laptops and desktops soon will obsolete and all the companies who make laptops will have to offer a tablet or they will lose money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent presentation! I think this technology will benefit a lot of people, I love the fact that they are trying to make sure that every child has the ability to get an education. This technology is priced pretty reasonably, I like that it is mainly for educational purposes, they made the product almost child-proof since it's water-proof, it comes in a casing that protects the tablet. They also give you a few ways of charging the tablet that's efficient and cost-effective, I mean who would've thought that they would make a hand-crank to charge it. Another benefit to this technology is that if you have a child or are a teacher you don't have to worry about what they're doing on the tablet because everything on it is educational, it gives you a peace of mind that they're not going to stumble onto something inappropriate or take away from their learning.

    ReplyDelete