Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After reading the presentation listed in the blog topic, please comment with your thoughts on the impact this new technology may have on society. Share your thoughts on such things as benefits or challenges perceived, note how the power structure in society might change, discuss ways this technology might be abused, or discuss who will win and lose as a result of this technology.
At first I was lost because I never heard about this...or at least not in this terms. I think this will make a great impact to have all devices communicate with each other. It will help with work, classrooms, and how we live our lives. We can use the digital hub to send and look at different information from different devices. The fact that one technology piece can communicate with another helps a lot because not everyone has the same tools.
ReplyDeleteI think this will really be a useful tool in the future. It sounds like this will really help to make operating various devices more efficient. I can see it being really useful in the classroom and in my personal life. As you mentioned the cost could be problematic and in school districts already facing budget problems utilizing this technology may not be an option.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure I like the implication that I will be required to buy everything from one vendor in order to get the benefits of having all of my devices "play well" together. I like being able to purchase the product that fits my needs and I still want it to interact with everything else I purchase. I think there will need to be some standards set that allow for each device to interact and allow the consumer to purchase the product they want.
ReplyDeleteThis was sort of bitter sweet, yes it would be nice to get everything you need to work together in one place, but then again i would not like to only have one option in order for something to work with the other things i have, i like to have options. Also it could be more expensive and you will not be able to have all your needs met on the budget you have.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation, you did a good job.
I not sure what to say at first I wasn’t quite sure where you were going. This was something that I had never heard of. The fact that you can tie all your devices together and communicate with each other sounds like a great idea. I think that the impact will be huge. The fact that you have to eventually pick a company that you want to go with is something that I didn’t like about. We come up with the problem of cost being the issue. School budgets seem to be always get cut so how is it possible that we can benefit from something like this without the budget. It’s hard to believe that you need everything to be from only one company. I know a lot of teachers that are all about apple, yet in their school computers are of a different brand. This would make them still have to carry around a USB or make sure that they email themselves their work. What if they forget to do either or this would be a great disadvantage not only for the teacher but for the students. They lose out on a lesson that they were going to learn about.
ReplyDeleteI believe that this will be more beneficial in the soon future. I heard about apple project but as far as i know they still have some difficulties. I like the fact that with this technology, I don't have to carry all my devices and I can call up information using one device.I hate carrying my USBs and I always don't find them when I need them. Hopefully with this technology, I won't even think about it. I agree with Susana that being limited to one company is an annoying fact.
ReplyDelete