Friday, February 10, 2012

30: Dropbox (Borrego)

4 comments:

  1. Every time this thing is transferred, the sound is lower and lower. If you can't hear it and want to email me at: mlevinson10@wou.edu I will try to send you a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded Dropbox about a month ago. I am still learning how to use it, but am excited about it. I can see how Dropbox could be extremely useful as an organizational tool and to keep files from disappearing. Thanks for the historical lead up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great overview; I enjoyed the company history as well. I have used dropbox for several years now and love it!! All school files are accessible on my home computer and any last minute edits I make to my SMART Board lesson slides at home are instantly available back at school in the morning.

    My family also uses it quite a bit for photo sharing. After an event, whoever took the pictures places them in dropbox, we take what we want, and then remove ourselves from the shared folder so as to not take up all of our account space.

    The shared folder aspect was one of the key aspects that got me started on it, but now I use it for all of my personal files as well. =)

    I really liked your presentation program. What program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a great tool: I am also a user of Dropbox. As you said in the presentation, Melanie, the chaos comes when we use several electronic devices and this is a great solution that allows us to have our data available anywhere, anytime and from any device. A few years before, there was not the need for it: I worked with two computers (one at work and other at home) and “the floppys”. Today, I hardly use an USB flash card.

    My main concern with Dropbox, remote servers or clouds is security breaks. Are our files totally safe from hacker attacks or even Dropbox itself? We use these tools not only to share family photos but work files or bank statements too. I know the risk and I take it every day when I use Dropbox, but I still think about this security issue from time to time. Actually, I may have in Dropbox enough information for a hacker to steal my identity... scary!


    And despite the low audio, the best presentation so far, Melanie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete