Saturday, February 5, 2011

4. Skype TV

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I didn't know too much about Skype TV other than the name. I must say that I see TV changing a lot over the next few years. People are moving over to alternatives to cable pretty quickly with things like Netflix instant watch and Hulu. I'd be interested to see where Skype works into all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had never heard of Skype TV. It sounds like a natural way to go. Apple has something similar called Apple TV that integrates the internet into your TV. Great concepts I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is a "fad" at this point but not necessarily for the long run. I think the possibilities are there and it will just take some creative thinking to get it in the classroom soon. This is one of my favorite ideas out there for educational purposes. The idea that we can connect with people in other countries and learn about different cultures from them is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is cool, I didn't know about Skype for the TV. Seems like a great idea for an older age group. You don't see many of the younger age group hanging out in front of the TV that much, they spend more time in front of the computer and when they do spend time in front of the TV, they want to watch TV. If they want to skype they will pull out their netbook or mobile phone to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about Skype TV until this. I think it's an interesting idea given the fact that so many people already hook up at least one device to the internet with their TV for gaming, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

    I really feel that all online TV is the way to go as much of the content is free and can take a good chunk off of your bills as long as you are willing to pay for a good internet speed.

    ReplyDelete