Saturday, February 5, 2011

10. Electronic Glasses

4 comments:

  1. As a 4-eyed practically from birth (I had trouble finding my way out of the womb) and now a 6-eyed (reading) rejoicing over 8-eyed glasses (no line progressives), I think I will still put most of my hopes in surgical interventions advancing to the point of correcting my distance vision along WITH putting an end to the degenerative process taking place with my reading and computer screen vision. I am a multi-tasker (yes, I know, not a good one) so the progressives are wonderful for knitting up a scarf, monitoring my students' Chat Room discussions on the screen, and watching a B-ball game on the tube.

    I do like your green idea of the digitally adjustable prescriptions for the same set of lens! Please let me either have enough money for the surgery or live long enough for self-adjustable prescription progressives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that these will have a very practical use with the technology available today. Like Rene I am hoping for the day when eye surgeries are able and affordability to fix all eye problems. Until that day I think that these glasses will be useful to many people. However I would like to see some kind of locating chip installed in these because I can never find my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very neat. I wonder how far off we are to mainstream use. I remember when "transition lenses" were new and my insurance company wouldn't cover the cost. Now, transitions are included 100%. I like the idea of changing purpose (near to far) with just a touch. I'm not a good contact lens wearer and I'm well on my way to needing bifocals.

    I'm sold!... Now they just have to make them in cute trendy styles. And durable enough to withstand my abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that with the technology behind these glasses how long before they incorporate HUD (heads up display) technology into them. Not only could we switch between reading and distance viewing, but we could also access the news, driving directions, and our Facebook page!
    I do have one seriously recurring concern over all of the technology in general. Everything runs on batteries...what happens when these batteries are no longer rechargable?

    ReplyDelete